Sports Chiropractic From Your Birmingham Chiropractor
When you think of sports injuries, you may find yourself recalling some famous incident that occurred to a world-class professional athlete. But sports injuries can happen to anyone, at any skill level, from weekend warriors to Olympians. If you've sustained either an acute or a chronic sports injury, you need to know you can get safe, effective care, preferably without the use of drugs or surgery. Here at Birmingham Wellness Center, we're delighted to administer natural sports injury treatments so you can return to your favorite athletic activities.
Common Sports Injuries Seen At Birmingham Wellness Center
The chiropractors on our team have seen plenty of sports injuries come through our door. Athletic pursuits can push specific areas of the body to their maximum capacity -- and often beyond, which is when many injuries occur. A sports injury may be acute, such as a sudden muscle pull, connective tissue rupture, or high-impact collision that jolts your joints out of position. But many sports injuries accumulate slowly and subtly as overuse of a particular body part causes micro-tears and inflammation in the soft tissues. Some of the most common problems we see include:
- Ankle sprains - Ankle sprains are frequent occurrences in sports like soccer where you're constantly running and planting your feet.
- Knee pain - Knee pain is another common problem in activities that feature running, jumping and pivoting. An untreated spinal misalignment that throws your body off balance can contribute to knee injuries.
- Shoulder pain - Tennis, hockey, baseball, and other sports that require constant shoulder motion can cause bursitis, rotator cuff injuries and other forms of shoulder pain.
- Wrist/elbow pain - If you swing a club or racket, you may be prone to overuse injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow or golfer's elbow.
- Concussions - Hockey, football and other high-impact sports can cause concussions, sometimes accompanied by whiplash.
Your Source for Sports Injury Treatment and Prevention
Our chiropractic team can identify, not only the exact origin point of your sports injury pain, but also the probable cause of an overuse injury. Applied kinesiology, for instance, can reveal muscle weaknesses that make you injury-prone. If your musculoskeletal system is out of balance, chiropractic adjustments can bring your body back into line, easing joint pain and muscular stresses. We can also adjust extremity joints to treat localized elbow, shoulder, knee or ankle issues. Sports injury treatment methods such as ice, heat, and physical therapy can promote soft tissue healing and reduce inflammation.
The benefits of sports chiropractic care don't end with injury rehabilitation. Regular chiropractic care has been shown to help reduce recovery times, optimize athletic performance, and ward off future or recurring injuries.
Contact Us Today!
If you're ready to get back on the playing field, then you're ready to see any Birmingham chiropractor at our office today. Call Birmingham Wellness Center at %CLINT_PHONE%!