Posted on 12-02-2016
Sciatica Treatment in Birmingham
Sciatica can cause pain and discomfort for many adults. Knowing the cause and the best ways to treat sciatica can help you recover from your condition and manage your pain. At Birmingham Wellness Center in Birmingham, MI, we help patients suffering from sciatica to understand their condition and reduce their discomfort.
Sciatica is a condition that occurs when the vertebrae in the lower lumbar area pinch the spinal cord. For many patients, this is a chronic, ongoing condition. Symptoms of sciatica include:
- Tingling and numbness radiating from the lower back into the leg.
- Pain in the lower back and upper thigh.
- Pain when bending over, sitting down, walking or laying down.
Sometimes the pain and discomfort of sciatica may be sharper or more pronounced when the patient coughs or sneezes.
Chiropractic Care in Birmingham to Treat Sciatica
There are many ways that our Birmingham chiropractor can treat sciatica. At Birmingham Wellness Center, we treat patients suffering from sciatica with the following methods:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that we use to realign the vertebrae of the spine and reduce pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustment helps reduce patient pain by treating the problem at its source.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a treatment we use to improve blood flow to the affected areas and speed the healing process.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help patients reduce pain and increase their comfort. We teach our patients how to perform stretches and exercises that they can do at home to help them manage their condition.
- Lifestyle advice. We teach our patients how to avoid activities that can worsen their symptoms of sciatica.
Contact Us for Natural Chiropractic Care in Birmingham
At Birmingham Wellness Center in Birmingham MI, we help patients suffering from sciatica pain in Bloomfield, Troy, Bloomfield Hills, Beverly Hills, Southfield, Royal Oak and Ferndale. To find out more about how we can help treat your sciatica, contact us today at 248-645-6070.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.